For warm literary elegance, you can’t go wrong with a classic wood bookshelf.
Features of Wood Bookshelves
Each wood bookshelf comes with its own unique set of design features. Here are a few of the most popular types to look for:
- Metal hardware. Bookcases that combine wood and metal, such as through a wood frame and metal shelves or vice versa, bring a distinct industrial-chic vibe and a palette of earthy colors – perfect for any home office decorated in the rustic or mid-century modern styles.
- Display cases. Some wood bookcases also come with display cases, so that you can incorporate within the shelves your favorite decorative elements – right next to the rows of your favorite novels.
- Storage doors. Wood bookshelves with built-in compartments – complete with door coverings – take the concept of ‘home office storage’ to new levels.
- Casters. Also known as ‘bookshelves with casters,’ bookshelves with wheels make it easy to refresh your home office space as much (or little) as you want – without any of the physical strain and annoyance often associated with moving large pieces of furniture.
- Adjustable designs. Perhaps one of the most innovative of home office designs, adjustable bookcases don’t just bear a cool name – they also let you adjust your bookcase style to your exact preference. Most adjustable bookcases feature hinged joints, allowing for easy folding and expanding.
- Ladders. Most tall bookcases also come with ladders, effortlessly eliminating the need to reach and strain for top-shelf items.