Large Wall Art Collection
With a limitless selection of subjects – choose from city skylines to abstract geometrics, busy boardwalks to serene Italian villas, elegant stairwells to rustic mountaintops! – large wall art is one of the hottest home styling trends of the year, and we’re all for it. Popular for its ability to both effortlessly define and open up a space, it’s easy to see why large wall art is having its moment. Go big or go home, with a large home wall art gallery!
Six Easy Steps to Styling a Home Art Gallery with Large Wall Art
When styled properly, a home art gallery featuring large wall art can stun and inspire. Follow these tips to ensure that your large wall art gallery is as visually pleasing as it is sprawling.
- Figure out the goal of your home art gallery. Do some online research of the types of large wall art pieces that are currently on the market and within your budget, and make notes of your favorites – by subject, medium, color and perspectives – right off the bat. This will give you time, as you continue the process of planning out your large wall art space, to mull them over and decide which ones you truly love (and which ones were false alarms).
- Determine your style. If you are styling the gallery in your bedroom, pay attention to the colors and textures of the wall, rug, bed, nightstand and dresser – and match them to the colors and textures of the frames within your large wall art gallery.
- Measure your wall, and in particular, the exact space where you want the gallery. Remembering these measurements – write them down if you have to! – will come in handy when it comes time to shopping for the individual pieces.
- Draw out your plan. To get an idea of how many pieces you can work with, draw out your plan for the large wall art gallery, including the placement of the different frame sizes and shapes, to scale. Make sure also to keep each piece within the designated space you measured out earlier.
- Choose your pieces. Now, for the most fun part of styling a gallery – shopping the selection of large wall art! When it comes down to deciding which pieces to take home, trust your initial judgment. If it takes more than ten minutes to decide whether a certain piece will look good in your home, then the answer is probably ‘no.’ Try not to spend too much time or thought on each individual piece; trust your gut reaction – there’s a good chance it’s right!
- Mount the Pieces Using Nails or Hooks. Once you have all the pieces you need, you can start mounting the gallery! Use a form of securement such as iron nails or frame hooks to ensure a strong enough support for the weight of large wall art.
- Sit back and enjoy! Each time you pass by your gallery, give yourself a little pat on the back – you did it!